Leganza rear speakers

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Mfree

Leganza rear speakers

Post by Mfree »

I've got an '01 Leggy and one or both of the rear speakers seems loose... they reverberate at one specific tone, but sound great otherwise. Whether I fix them or buy better aftermarkets, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to them.

Do the grilles come off (and I've pulled/pried as hard as I dare without breaking them), or does the entire rear shelf have to come up?
ETR-SCCA 42HS Daewoo Leganza SE
tango

Post by tango »

Hey Mike!
Try getting at them from the trunk. My car has two bolts on each speaker that held them in. Open the trunk, and look up and you may see the underside of the speakers...Just a wild guess here, buddy, becasue most cars are like that in some way. Good Luck.
Cogito ergo sum...
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

Nope... they definitely go in from the top.
tango

Post by tango »

Hmm...Try the back seat...I'm thinking about this from a realistic perspective. I can't see why the deck would be removeable, seeing that it's a point of structural rigidity. Maybe the back of the seat can be removed and you can get at it from there. A question though...what's blocking the deck from the trunk?
Cogito ergo sum...
Mfree

Post by Mfree »

tango wrote:Hmm...Try the back seat...I'm thinking about this from a realistic perspective. I can't see why the deck would be removeable, seeing that it's a point of structural rigidity. Maybe the back of the seat can be removed and you can get at it from there. A question though...what's blocking the deck from the trunk?
The car has fold-down rear seats.

The speakers are mounted from the top to a sheetmetal deck. Above that, are the carpeted deck and two plastic housings. I cannot see if or how the speaker housings come off, I've pulled on them as much as possible and they don't come loose.
frank-pr-daewoo-#1

Post by frank-pr-daewoo-#1 »

ok,ok, you need remove the plastic panes on the side of the glass, remove the rear seat and the corners,remove the 3rd stop ligth,and remove the carped and, yes look , that the rear speakes , please remplace for a good aftermarket speakers