Lanos door panel removal instructions

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buzzedtop

Lanos door panel removal instructions

Post by buzzedtop »

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have instructions they can post for removing the door panels on a Lanos? I have a rattle in my door and I can't seem to get the door panel off :roll: My main problem is the window crank.

Thanks for you help,

-N
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Its a snap bro. Obviously you undo the three screws around the side of the trim and there is one more in the bottom of the little panel in the middle of the fabric on the door. Then you pull off the covering plate of the manual side mirrors (there are two clips that pull straight off, try 2 slide a finger into the centre so you dont snap the plastic). Next is the window winder, you can either wedge a couple of flat head screw drivers (messy and rips/scratches the plastic but still possible) to separate the backing ring and the winder, or you can go to Kmart and get a window winder remover tool (pretty cheap, i got mine for <$10AU) and you slide that inbetween the winder and the backing rind to pop off the winder which slides off once the OHM symbol shaped clip is undone. Then starting at the bottom point of the plastic trim furthest from the car, wedge your finger underneath the trim and there are a number of trim clips that need to be popped out and the trim around the door handle will pop off too. Once this is done, ease one top corner upwards and work the trim out.

Just reverse to install again.
The rattle you hear could be anything. Sound deadening the door is a good idea, better bass response from speakers too.

Oh yeah, word of warning, be careful when you are dealing with the window winder mechanism and dont force the winder as it does snap (ive got a winder mechanism on back order which isnt cheap $100AU) but i have had my door trim off a number of times to do more sound deadening again and again and to change speakers three times.

Shout me if u need more info.
buzzedtop

Got it!

Post by buzzedtop »

Thanks Man,

I actually got it. I just pulled until it popped off, not that big of a deal. I'm sure if I did it repeatedly, I might want to buy a tool so i didn't mess anything up.

The rattle ended up being the door handle. As you probably know, the door handle clips in and then screws on with only 1 screw. There wasn't much i could do once I figured it out it was the door handle. There isn't really anything to "tighten." I ended up putting a couple pieces of construction paper behind the door handle and clipped it back in. That, thankfully, stopped the rattle and doesn't mess up the doors appearance.

I'll probably pull the doors apart again in the next few weeks to put new speakers in.

Later,
-N