Rear Hatch on 2k2 lanos

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Chubby

Rear Hatch on 2k2 lanos

Post by Chubby »

this might be a stupid question but I'll give it a try... when I bought my lanos it never came with a owners manual. thus bringing this question to arise.. I would like to know if there is a button that pops the hatch. I work at the the airport and I have to open my trunk for them to look in it EVERYDAY, so I'm just curious if there is a button to pop the hatch...
"once chubby drops into his woo there is no turning back"
tango

Post by tango »

First, NEVER be afraid to ask any question, my friend. We all had to at some point, and we all have to. Anyway...I have a Cielo sedan and the trunk button is just below the ignition switch beside the fuel filler button. I will try to find out for you as well if that's not where yours is.
Cogito ergo sum...
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Yo bro'z, i have a 2000 Daewoo Lanos 2dr hatch and i have to inform that there is no remote hatch release button. The hatch button on the hatch itself is the only way that you can open it. Apparently you cant put a cent. lock on the hatch door either, because when i put my alarm and cent. locking they informed me, so the two doors can be done, but not the rear hatch.... its rather inconvenient hey? Looks like you'll just have to keep turning off the car and jumping out.
Chubby

Post by Chubby »

well I was looking and have found this.. http://autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=PT1000 . hope it helped anyone else out besides me...
"once chubby drops into his woo there is no turning back"
tango

Post by tango »

That looks like the ticket there buddy. I was gonna recommend a chop job a friend of mine did. He got one of those universal actuators and mounted it beside the trunk latch (he drives a Corolla) he then put a small hole in the plastic casing of the latch cover. He then ran a fishing line (very strong but flexible) to the latch mechanism...connected the system to his alarm but you could easily connect to a switch. But hey! If you can get the system above go for it...save yourself time and energy...if not money.
I went down to the delaers today and had a look at one of the cars. Ubuyau is right...no remote hatch release.
Cogito ergo sum...