Help! Electrical problem

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Help! Electrical problem

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

My car has been doing something VERY strange.
Sometimes, not always, but very often, if the dash vent fan switch is turned on (usually on 4), and I take off from a stop or suddenly accellerate hard while driving, the fan suddenly slows down almost like it has been turned off or goey VERY slow. At the same time, the clock disappears, the temperature gauge needle goes to the top of hot and the speedometer drops to 0. This only happens as long as I am accellerating hard when the dash blower fan is on. It happens if it is just air blowing, or if the A/C is on; that makes no difference. If the fan is not on, everything works perfectly. It does not make the car miss, stall or drive any drive any differently, even when the blower/dash problem is happening.

Anyone have any ideas? Is the fan blower motor going bad and causing a heavy load on that part of the electrical circuit?
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

u definaitely have a short somewhere, you should get it looked at now before it gets any worse check all your fuses to just in case and check ur connections to the fan
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I have a spare Lanos parts car so I can use the fan from it to see if that is what is causing the problem.

If that is not it, I will go part by part and replace each part involved one by one. If one part checks out good, I keep it. When I find the faulty part, I will replace it with one from the parts car.
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

electrical problems are a bitch 2 of of my past cars had severe electrical probs which caused my to get rid of them good luck bro :)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I found the problem!
Under the center colsole, toward the front of the car under the dash is a ground bolt with 2 wiring harness grounding wires attaching there. The nut had fallen off and there was a loose, intermittant connection. It was so bad, the bolt and ring terminal on the end of the ground wires had gotten too hot to touch.

I found where the nut had fallen, put it back on and everything is working as it should.

:D
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Good!!!!! 8)
ImageImage