CD player Skipping

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Frankiewoo

CD player Skipping

Post by Frankiewoo »

I just installed a pansonic CD player in my 2000 woo Leganza, but it seems to skip everytime i hit a bump what can i use to quit it from skipping?????
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Change the cd player. Buy one w\ anti-skip.
ImageImage
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

Is there any other option b/c I spent good money on this, and I dont plan on getting another one!!!!!
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Give me the model and brand of the Radio, so I can chk it.
ImageImage
Shado

Post by Shado »

im on my third head unit now and my cars not even 3 years old, after the factory had not enough rc outlets for my system i wacked in a kenny kdc5018 but the lasers went outta wack bout 1 year later so now ive got an alpine (has 2 get up and check model no. so cant b botherd) and it works sweet as,
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

I think it skips b/c all i play r burnt cds but the manual says to keep the unit at a 30 degree angle so i'm going to tilt it in the morning after work, i have a panasonic CQ-df601
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I've never seen problems with a CD HU skipping because of the CD's being burned, unless they are all from the same batch & the batch is bad. Also, I have never heard of a HU needing to be at a 30 degree angle. The 30 degree angle, I believe, is the steepest angle the CD player can be installed without it skipping or workign improperly.

Make sure you have the rear support strap installed. This is very important as it keeps the rear of the HU from moving up & down too much from road vibration when you are driving.

I did not install the rear support strap in my Lanos, but I am going to as soon as I have a chance. I did however put spacers between the top of the inside of the storage compartment so the weight of the HU rests on that, and does not rely on hanging on the HU's cage that is attached to the installation kit just with the bent metal tabs. After that, I used 3 large tie straps (zip ties, or what ever you call them) and strapped them around the HU and the storage tray so everything is held very tightly in place. This really helps keep the HU from bouncing with the road vibrations.
Frankiewoo

Post by Frankiewoo »

My HU is in there so tight with the rear support strap and it even skipped with a regular CD on every bump i mean even on manhole covers, i'm sending out for service tommorow there is obviously something wrong :cry:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Frankiewoo wrote:My HU is in there so tight with the rear support strap and it even skipped with a regular CD on every bump i mean even on manhole covers, i'm sending out for service tommorow there is obviously something wrong :cry:
I was just thinking ... when you said manhole covers ... where I used to live, it was over an hour drive to the closest manhole covers.

There were no stop lights, no hotels, no fast food, no mail delivery - you had to go to the post office to pick up mail. The closest grocery store was an hour drive away @ 60mph. The closest mall was farther than that. The town I lived in had under 300 people population. There was only one high school for the county and my graduating class was 62 people. Most of the area was forrest and fields with live stock, peanuts, cotton, corn, wheat and soy beans.

There were several dirt roads in the county and my CD player rarely skipped, even when the roads were very rough.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Hey man you have to make your lanos a rally lanos :twisted: ... He we have many curves, the street in PR have many little hold, bumps etc. And my low budjet PYLE radio only skip when I no stop in the bumps. So try to change the radio, if you still have warranty(I hope I write this right)
ImageImage