Get this!!!!!!!

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

OneRareWoo

Get this!!!!!!!

Post by OneRareWoo »

I went to Best Buy and asked them what size speakers fit in the doors of a 2002 Daewoo Lanos. They told me 6 1/2" speakers fit in the doors. Well to save money, I went on Ebay and purchased a 6 1/2" Kenwood Component set. Well, when I went back to Best Buy they then told me that 6 1/2" speakers would not fit. So what is the truth? Do 6 1/2 speakers fit or not? Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Got Woo?
buzzedtop

Post by buzzedtop »

I believe Best Buy is wrong. According to www.crutchfield.com, 4" speakers fit in the front doors of the Lanos.

I've bought 4" Blaupunkt for my fronts, but haven't put them in yet. I did buy some 4"x6" for the back, and they only BARELY fit (being held in by 2 screws instead of 4.) The stock speakers are held in by a screw pattern that's not standard. Not sure yet if the same is true of the front speakers.

I will let you know of the front speakers go when I finally do them.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

.I did buy some 4"x6" for the back, and they only BARELY fit (being held in by 2 screws instead of 4.) The stock speakers are held in by a screw pattern that's not standard.

If there is room on the edge of the metal frame of the speaker, you can always mark where the screws are supposed to go and then drill holes to match the existing mouting holes.
Shado

Post by Shado »

hey, with the sytem currently in my 2000 lanos sportsi have pioneer 6.5inch component speakers up front mounted on custom made mdf brackets but still in factory location within the doors. if that helps. :shock: go woo
LanosAus

Post by LanosAus »

Hey Shado,

Do you know where i could get a hold of a pair of those front speaker brackets you have?

I am loctated in Aus as well.
Cheers! Evan
Buy a Lanos, you'll love it
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I just made mine out of MDF.

A little time, trimming, shaping and you will get it right.

6.5s will fit in there. Be patient.

I would also reccoment installing sound deadening while you have the panel off, it really helps a lot with reducing road noise, and letting you hear a lot more of what the speakers are reporducing. You get better bass and a much fuller, richer sound.

Sound deadening helps a lot even if you are just leaving the stock speakers in.
Shado

Post by Shado »

yeah auswoo i wont have neone touch my woo except the guys from incar car audio and security in windsor nsw, ask for jason. they made my custom door pods and installed the entire system, i also bought most my gear from them. they r reasonably priced and also sell the highest quality gear, ask them about their spl car its a white excel and has been the loudest car in the southern hemisphere for a few years running. hope that helps ya dude!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Shado wrote:yeah auswoo i wont have neone touch my woo except the guys from incar car audio and security in windsor nsw, ask for jason. they made my custom door pods and installed the entire system, i also bought most my gear from them. they r reasonably priced and also sell the highest quality gear, ask them about their spl car its a white excel and has been the loudest car in the southern hemisphere for a few years running. hope that helps ya dude!
How many dBs are they hitting and what mic are they using?