Screwy Needles

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bringrice

Screwy Needles

Post by Bringrice »

Ok so about those gauges...

Anyways I install them, everything is looking nice...but when I start my car it says that im going 20mph when Im realling in idle

Can anyone help me with this?

Better question...How do you balance the needle?
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I think I read that when you change the guage faces, you are supposed to mark the needle position on the shaft so you can line them back up.

Since you didn't do this, you may have to keep taking the dash apart to calibrate all the guages.

You may not have put the gas needle back in the right place, or the temp guage ... and you have allready said the speedometer is wrong.

On a plus side, at least you don't have to take the plastic shield out... yet.
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I think I read that when you change the guage faces, you are supposed to mark the needle position on the shaft so you can line them back up.

Since you didn't do this, you may have to keep taking the dash apart to calibrate all the guages.

You may not have put the gas needle back in the right place, or the temp guage ... and you have allready said the speedometer is wrong.

On a plus side, at least you don't have to take the plastic shield out... yet.
Yea I think I figured it out...I turned my car on with the needles out, put the car in idle, and put the needles on so they read zero. Drove around the street a little bit to calibrate it and screwed everything back into place...Looks like its pretty acurate
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I still have to put my set in. I'm working on a custom gauge bezzle so I want to wait until this is finished so I only have to pull it apart once.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com