Lanos Sport Trans Clutch Size? Where to buy? Experts help!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Lanos Sport Trans Clutch Size? Where to buy? Experts help!

Post by BosnianLanos »

My Lanos clutch finally went. It gave up the ghost at roughly 85,000 miles after 4.5 years of pretty "spirited" driving. I'm looking to buy a new one to throw into the car ASAP.

However, which size clutch should I get? I know that there have been various discussions on the forum which basically came to the conclusion that there is a slight difference between the Sport Lanos transmission and the standard Lanos transmission, but how does that translate to the size/type of the clutch?

The reason that I ask is because searching the internet I've found 1999-2002 Lanos clutch sizes ranging from 7-7/8" to 8" all the way up to 8.5". How am I supposed to know which one will fit my car? I'd hate to buy something and then not have it fit. It just puts more time between me and my car.

The car is a 2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport, 5-Spd Manual (standard) Transmission, and the VIN# is KLAT******B632612.

Please help!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Lanos Sport Trans Clutch Size? Where to buy? Experts help!

Post by gse_turbo »

I should be up more on peoples projects so I hate to ask, but any mods on the car? there are a ton of options in both OE types and performance options. what was the price you found? I'd like to try and match it.