Tuning or a programmer?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TAGII

Tuning or a programmer?

Post by TAGII »

Okay. I don't have a nubira but my dad does. I have a 95 3.4 camaro that i am in the process of tuning and building.
But anyways.. my dad got very interested in the tuning thing and now he wants to try his hand at it but i can't find anything for his car (except like chips). I am looking for something to optimize his performance and open endless possibilities (though I doubt he will ever go as far as boosting it)
If anyone knows of anything I will appreciate your input.
TAGII

Re: Tuning or a programmer?

Post by TAGII »

anyone?
I know that there has to be some way to tune these cars.
Are ya'll using mega squirt? I know a couple of guys on my camaro forum use that...
I was hoping that they had like a plug and play system for the Daewoo...
:?:
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

There isn't really a plug and play system out there for daewoos. Most people either go with a piggyback or standalone EMS. There are a few on here using megasquirt amongst other sytems.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
TAGII

Post by TAGII »

How are the chips for these cars?
Do they make much of a difference in power and are they worth the price?
Or would it be better just to tune... Keep in mind it only has basic mods. No boost or anything major.
And does the Greddy e-manage work on the nubria?
Sorry for all the questions. I just don't know a lot about the daewoos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

No there are no "chips" available for the ECU to my knowledge.

Unless you are talking about those ebay chips that claim to add 20hp for $30..... those are just a resistor that trick your ECU into thinking the air temperature outside is really cold, so it will add more fuel. Do not buy one of these.... it will do more harm than good.

Best option would be a proper piggyback like Emanage Ultimate, AEM FIC, and there are some others out there. That way you can actually add more timing and adjust fuel accordingly.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

00' lanos HB, i found that the EMS is just a board and such, no chip or anything for customization. as i wanted to just have a guy copy and change the original code for my car, but like i said no chip, thus no tweaking.
as something else, like exist said, or if you want to go bold, make a custom EMS to where is uses a chip. >.<
then please share what you did.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake