Nubaroo - weight reduction

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Nubaroo - weight reduction

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I think you have plenty of power as it is, I'm sure your tuner is right about restriction but changing to a larger wheel will shift the power band upwards making it slightly less fun to drive as a street car.

As far as tires, your road course tires have a stiff sidewall on purpose and reducing the pressure to 0.9 Bar could damage the sidewall and make them useless for drag or street or road course.

These types of tires are not supposed to allow for sidewall deflection.... they are specifically designed not to.

That's why I said you'd be better off with cheap soft radial tires as they would have more flex in the sidewall.

I realise that you may not want to go to a drag tire, but consider just buying two rims and two tires.... you could probably get ones to fit on a wider rim to accomidate your brakes.

The BF Goodrich g-force T/A Drag radial comes in a 205/40-17 that will fit your car... it would probably end up costing you about $600 USD for the tires and rims.... plus shipping ( so probably double )

That way you simply use your drag radials for track only and save wear on your nice high performance street tires.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Nubaroo
Expert

Re: Nubaroo - weight reduction

Post by Nubaroo »

Thanks prescisionboost - my tuner just bought the BF Goodrich tires for his 420KW/680NM ATW Opel Corsa Turbo, and said I could borrow them for 1 x run at our next meet :D :D :D :D He can get them for R 5 800, so maybe I will get a set just for racing.

Will keep u posted ;)
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar