Nubaroo - time for some upgrades!!!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubaroo
Expert

Re: Nubaroo - time for some upgrades!!!

Post by Nubaroo »

Nope he runs the car to the 7000rpm limiter, but only records up to 6500rpm on the dyno :? :? :?
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Looking at the new dyno, that is exactly what I was expecting to see - whole powerband shifted higher and a bit less peaky. Very nice work.... I'm jealous :lol: . Sooooo close to breaking 500whp!!!

Couple questions.... what headgasket are you using and are you using stock cams?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Nubaroo wrote:Nope he runs the car to the 7000rpm limiter, but only records up to 6500rpm on the dyno :? :? :?
lol... whats the point of running it to the limiter if your not going to measure it

seeing as though your powerband drops off at 6500, why dont you limit it at that?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

exist3nce wrote:Looking at the new dyno, that is exactly what I was expecting to see - whole powerband shifted higher and a bit less peaky. Very nice work.... I'm jealous :lol: . Sooooo close to breaking 500whp!!!

Couple questions.... what headgasket are you using and are you using stock cams?
:D :D :D Running an Opel Turbo 2L steel headgasket, with some ARP bolts - straight bolt on stuff.

Cams are stock ;) ;)

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

benzino wrote:
Nubaroo wrote:Nope he runs the car to the 7000rpm limiter, but only records up to 6500rpm on the dyno :? :? :?
lol... whats the point of running it to the limiter if your not going to measure it

seeing as though your powerband drops off at 6500, why dont you limit it at that?

If I limit the car at 6500 it drops into turbo lag on the gearshifts especially from 2nd to 3rd which is a slower shift, and the power down at 4500rpm is not as usable as the power up at 7000rpm.

So shifting at 7000 allows for a better use of the available power at the peak of the curve and eliminates the turbo lag from the T61 big turbo.

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

oh i see :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well.... after seeing the dynograph I think your understating quite a bit with saying it only gained 24hp as that is only peak power.

Now your peak power is much wider which means you will be at higher power points throughout the shift range.

As far as I'm concerned you made at least 83 WHP out of the new intake manifold... since you should be looking at your shift points.

I bet if the dyno went to 7000 RPM you'd see even higher numbers as your stock intake manifold was dropping power like a rock even at 6000 RPM

Your right to pull right up to 7000RPM redline.... your going to be making way more power in the start and end of each gear which equals faster times on the track.

I would definitly agree that with slicks you will be well into the 11's on the 400m ( as long as it doesn't break your wonderfull F18 )
NUBAROO1.jpg
(290.75 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I extrapolated a best guess on power/torque to 7000 RPM and as I figured the numbers for horsepower are huge.
NUBAROO2.jpg
(348.01 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Using lb ft for torque you can calculate horsepower....

HP = ( Torque X RPM ) / 5252

Using NM for torque you can calculate horsepower....

HP = ( Torque X RPM ) / 7121

That is to say when looking at a graph of horsepower and torque they should cross at 7121 when using NM.

When I made the graph I was doing a best guess.... afterwards I figured out the formulas....and the HP numbers are pretty close.

So........ as far as I'm concerned you made roughly 100WHP and 100nM of Torque at the 7000RPM redline....
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Precisionboost - Thank you so much for this information - as usual you have outdone yourself :D :D :D

Could you give me an quote on a pressureplate that would be stronger than a factory one - even my copper 4 button clutch is starting to slip with the power I am making, and I am sure a performance one that can apply more pressure than the stock one will sort out my problems???

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Do you know if you have a "flat" or "Pot" style flywheel ?

I'm going to guess "pot" style.... which has a raised outer edge like this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-VAUXH ... 3ef96df07f

Do you know if you have a factory pressure plate?

If not do you know what pressure the aftermarket one is? ( 1200lb ?? )

One problem with going with a stronger pressure plate is the posibility of rupturing your slave cylinder.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Do you know if you have a "flat" or "Pot" style flywheel ?

I'm going to guess "pot" style.... which has a raised outer edge like this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-VAUXH ... 3ef96df07f

Do you know if you have a factory pressure plate?

If not do you know what pressure the aftermarket one is? ( 1200lb ?? )

One problem with going with a stronger pressure plate is the posibility of rupturing your slave cylinder.
I am running a LUK replacement pressureplate and I am not sure of the clamping pressure?? It does however feel heavier than the factory one. I recently replaced the pressure plate, fitted a new button clutch and had the flywheel skimmed. I have only done round 500KM with the new setup - maybe I just need to give the new gear a little more time to bed in propperly in order for the clutch to stop slipping - I managed 4 x runs without issues and the clutch only slipped on the 5th run - who knows, maybe I slipped the clutch a little too much off the line or in the excitement between gears causing it to heat up and start slippng???

My flywheel is like the one in the picture.

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

OK so I picked up tese Mickey Thompson ET Street drag tires today - bit of a bitch to fit them on my car without an adjustable suspension, and without cutting the fenders..... :? :?

Hope they are wirth the money and trouble :? :? :?

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Wow... those are big.... how come so large? What size are they?
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

hahaha WOW!
they are massive

you better pray to the gearbox gods with all that new grip :badgrin:
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

PrecisionBoost wrote:Wow... those are big.... how come so large? What size are they?
I wanted some 235/60/15 slicks (M&H) which fit perfectly on my car.....but I could not find any here from a local distributor. So the Mickey Thompson agent assured me the ones I have now are the same size, just imperial digits - 26" x 8" x 15", so I took these. Width wise they compare the same, but overall height they are about 1 inch bigger which poses a HUGE problem in fitting them into my car as I do not have an adjustable suspension. Now I will have to figure out an easy way to raise the front suspension of the car approx 1" on racedays when I fit these babies :? :? :? Any ideas on an EASY way to do this guys????