Nubaroo battling to select gears...!

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Re: Nubaroo battling to select gears...!

Post by MMamdouh »

thanks man for the feedback...
i have gone to my mechanic the next day and told him what was going on... we did a checkup for all engine/tranny mounts and they were OK and also checked the shift stick and it needed a bit of alignment

we went out for a test and i slammed in the second gear and it grinded... my mechanic looked at me and his eye were saying "what the fuck are you doing???"...

he told me that this is very aggressive way to treat the tranny and no wonder it grinds... i told him i used to do this before and it was OK... he said this is a sign that you are wearing out your tranny... this is not a sports tranny to be treated that hard

his diagnosis i the same as you and my speculation... sincros are getting tired now and i have to be a bit more gentle on the tranny or else it would die... i have to say that shifting is now much smoother after the stick alignment...

now is it real that the tranny on my car (D16short) should not be treated harshly that way or else it will get busted as my mechanic says??... i also wanna thank you for the help man and i will keep you updated with what happens

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Nubaroo
Expert

Re: Nubaroo battling to select gears...!

Post by Nubaroo »

"i slammed in the second gear and it grinded... my mechanic looked at me and his eye were saying "what the fuck are you doing???"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey thanks BUD I have not had such a good laugh in a long time LOOOOLLL!!!!

Look the tranny is obviously designed for normal use and not to be "SPEEDSHIFTED" as I would like to call it - fortunately here in SA when a tranny eventually dies from abuse it is relatively easy to get a replacement one at low cost - so I just replace it and we hammer the sucker again till it dies LOL!!!!

Keep us posted on ur progress

Kind regards

Hannes
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar