U20SED parts confusion? what works?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

7-even

U20SED parts confusion? what works?

Post by 7-even »

hi everybody
sorry if i sound like a newb but not many people know this motor. iv been a member of suzuki-forums and here for a while just havent posted much or at all on this site, just allot of reading and research. this is a great forum. some of the projects on this forum are pretty awesome. you guys have accomplished allot. i drive a suzuki reno with the 2.0lu20sed in it. iv found allot of info on this site but, with all the motors being so similar and each being able to share certain parts im a little confused. between this forum and the suzuki forum and some uk tuners not being sure, what parts will fit my motor? iv done suspension upgrades, bolt ons, ignition upgrades, now its about time to crack into the motor. i want to start with the head. cams, pulleys, springs, retainers whatever else i might need. iv heard different things from different people. some say you can just drop in the cams some say you cant. also witch ones fit? (part numbers or engine numbers appreciated). ive heard cams from the x20xev work iv also heard that the z20let ones work? if i get vernier pulleys will i have to change out the other ones also or will the timing belt still match up? im looking for another head so i can get it ported/polished and have everything installed before putting it on my motor. to widen my choices does the daewoo nubria 2.0 head match? witch motor? with the port/polish is upgrading the valves needed? id also like to get arp studs and a cometic head gasket but dont know witch ones i need? i heard the head gasket from the z20let works? ok thats enough for now i figured this was the best place for some concrete answers. thanks
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: U20SED parts confusion? what works?

Post by PrecisionBoost »

U20SED head is compatible with the Daewoo T20SED as well as the European Z20LET, X20XEV heads.

You will want to keep one Vernier pulley stock since the camshaft sensor pickup is on one side and must stay or you will have drivability issues. ( camshaft sensor is for the sequential injection )

Z20LET gasket is good and a direct bolt on ( I have one in my T20SED )
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
7-even

Post by 7-even »

thanks for the info that helps out alot
mohnjanning

Post by mohnjanning »

hi 7-even, hello everyone else. i'm glad to have come upon this post, i'm trying to find a set of camshafts for the u20sed for an all-motor build. i need a set uprated right below full race specs (i'll be driving this on the street). would it be wise to stay away from the z20let? is there a reputable site or manufacturer i can consult? i'm also looking for an exaust flange. i'm equipped with cash in hand, just very little time for translating foreign sites and sifting through poor customer service.

edit: I definitely want to keep the u20sed head to port and polish.
mohnjanning

Post by mohnjanning »

if the x20xev block is compatible with the u20sed, i've found a site that will sell me a kit for higher compression. if not, i need to stop researching the x20xev. also, from what i've read so far, the x20xev is a SOHC (is this right?), which is a no go for cams. also, the u20sed relies on oil pressure for its valve tension. anyone know of a better sending unit? i've also found performance clutch kits for all three of the above mentioned engines. any compatibility with the u20sed?

http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/sach ... /index.htm

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/i ... -opel.html
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

The X20XEV is DOHC ecotec motor from Opel/Vauxhall. Hope that helps.
mohnjanning

Post by mohnjanning »

i've read the the Z20LEH is somewhat compatible.
7-even

Post by 7-even »

not all the parts of the different motors are interchangeable. some have different rods or pistons, different cams. you have to pick and choose witch parts will work. the exhaust flanges are different. also i believe there are two different clutches. you need to make sure you get the right type. theres a thread on here or suzuki forums about the two different clutch types. also you mentioned a near race cam. if you get something with to much lift and duration you will end up having to change more than just the cams, the valve pockets in the pistons need to be deeper also upgraded springs and everything else that goes along with it.