Chevrolet Optra and Aveo introduced in Egypt

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Chevrolet Optra and Aveo introduced in Egypt

Post by MMamdouh »

just came across a news paper with a big add. for Chevrolet's new introduction to the Egyptian automotive market:

the Chevrolet Optra with a 1.6 16 valve engine with manual and auto trannies... probably this is the same engine as the one in our current Nubiras and the one in the US spec. Lanoses.

The Chevrolet Aveo hatch and sedan with 1.5 engine with manual and auto trannies... again this sounds like the 1.5 SOHC we have on our Lanoses but i recon it will be much aive n such small car.

no words on pricing yet but the cars will be shown at the Autmech exhibit from 22 to 26 June... i intend to go their and check them out.

no words on the Daewoo Lacetti so far...it is the one i like most in the new lineup but some non confirmed news says it will be introduced as a Suzuki Reno... no idea what engine will be in that car.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

the Lacetti will be introduced as Chevy Optra hatchback . No suzoki Reno I think. I have a contact with 'Mansour Auto' & they told me that cars will be in the roads @ the end of this month
I am so sad that Daewoo's life will end soon. It wont live with 2 old models such as Lanos 2 & Nubra 2

a.k.n