Road & Track 2005 Best Car / Vote for Suzuki!

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

Road & Track 2005 Best Car / Vote for Suzuki!

Post by Tim04 »

As we all know Suzuki is one of the parties responsible for bringing new Daewoo cars to the American market. This year in the November issue of Road & Track there were 27 cars selected as candidates for best car of '05'. The Suzuki Reno aka Chevrolet Optra is one of the candidates! I was hoping that everyone here can vote for the Reno so we can help put Suzuki on the map. If you choose not to participate thats cool, but pass on the good word if you would please. The Reno is a Daewoo so the Daewoo community should view it as such and vote for it as if it were badged Daewoo(in my opinion at least :lol: )

Thanks for reading this guys. If you do decide to support it let, the others know by a show of posts. Just post, "I voted Suzuki Reno for 2005!"

I will be sending our tally to Suzuki via the desk of... Gary Sherfey, Accessories sales and marketing manager, ASMC(in charge of the SWT program) Ed Craig, Automotive accessory development manager, ASMC and Mr. Koichi Suzuki , president of American Suzuki?s Automotive Operations. I will post their responses here as well. I doubt Suzuki knows how many Daewoo owners will buy performance parts via SWT (Suzuki Works Techno) if they decide to make them.

So let's make an effort to inform them of this!

Best Regards,
Tim

Here is the link
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp ... le_id=1570
KnightWalace
Expert

Re: Road & Track 2005 Best Car / Vote for Suzuki!

Post by KnightWalace »

Tim04 wrote:As we all know Suzuki is one of the parties responsible for bringing new Daewoo cars to the American market. This year in the November issue of Road & Track there were 27 cars selected as candidates for best car of '05'. The Suzuki Reno aka Chevrolet Optra is one of the candidates! I was hoping that everyone here can vote for the Reno so we can help put Suzuki on the map. If you choose not to participate thats cool, but pass on the good word if you would please. The Reno is a Daewoo so the Daewoo community should view it as such and vote for it as if it were badged Daewoo(in my opinion at least :lol: )

Thanks for reading this guys. If you do decide to support it let, the others know by a show of posts. Just post, "I voted Suzuki Reno for 2005!"

I will be sending our tally to Suzuki via the desk of... Gary Sherfey, Accessories sales and marketing manager, ASMC(in charge of the SWT program) Ed Craig, Automotive accessory development manager, ASMC and Mr. Koichi Suzuki , president of American Suzuki?s Automotive Operations. I will post their responses here as well. I doubt Suzuki knows how many Daewoo owners will buy performance parts via SWT (Suzuki Works Techno) if they decide to make them.

So let's make an effort to inform them of this!

Best Regards,
Tim

Here is the link
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp ... le_id=1570

Oh YEAAAAAAAAH!
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

No offense (as I am a pure blooded Daewoo freak), but Suzuki Reno versus the likes of Audi, Crossfire, Jaguar, Maserati, Evolution, Porshe, Lotus, and Mercedes doesn't hold much of a chance...actually, it holds like 0% chance, but I'll still vote so we don't end up last.

What the hell, at least we got Kia beat!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I'd take my car (forenza) over most those cars even if i had the money. . .
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Thanks guys!

BTW. BosnianLanos, I know that those other cars pretty much are in superior standings to our beloved Daewoos but most of their owners are probably too busy counting their money and planning Yacht trips. I think we have a great chance as an allied force. If we can guarantee a large number of votes I'm sure we can wipe Kia off the map and take out a few others in the process. :D
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

*Bump*
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Price vs. Quality

I think we have a winner in the Reno.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

The contest is over and the Results will be announced in Febuary. Just wondering if anyone else voted. Let us know.

Thanks,
Tim