This is why i was not arround this week!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

but since MM hasnt discussed weather he is at fault or not there is nothing that could be used in court. all it is doing is making it so if there is a jury any one that reads this thread isnt gonna be able to be on it. if other people are discussing guilt and where to blame it, that has nothing to do with MM in court. did they delete every internet discussion about jacko? no they didnt because he wasnt on there didcussing it. MM has only told his story and other prople have said guilty or not.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i don't think forum discussions are admissable in egyptian laws so its cool, and who is jacko? did he kill a pedestrian too??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

he's talkin about michael jackson. you know Whacko jacko.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

it was just an example of a high profile case that was talked about alot online. no he iddnt kill any one....he "touched" little boys

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

LOLOLOLOL sorry but its funny
daewoomofo wrote:it was just an example of a high profile case that was talked about alot online. no he iddnt kill any one....he "touched" little boys
yoshida

Post by yoshida »

I don't know about Egyptian law, but in the Netherlands pedestrians and cyclists are protected by law. Which inspires said groups to be stupid. The pedestrian knew he was taking a chance. Then again so do we every time we crawl behind that wheel. Statistics say so.

Unfortunatly it isn't a statistic when it happens to one of us. Both parties lose. Sh!t happens. It can't be reversed but I truly hope you won't have to do jail time. Luckily most sane people are very much aware a car is a potential murder weapon. The pedestrian should've known he was walking in a very likely line of fire.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

pedistrians are protected here too but protection id bound to following the rules i.e crossing when the cars are at a red light and using the cross walk places or else use the pedestrian tunnels or bridges... people here try to do it the "easy" way by crossing the streets at will and take their chances.

pedestrians here tend to "throw" themselves onto incoming traffic knowing that car drivers will stop to avoid them... some even turn their heads away from the road to force car drivers to do all the efforts to avoid the accedent and from what i can see i can tell that none of those persons ever driven a car as most if not all of them assume that the stopping distance of a moving car is zero... i.e when driver hit the brakes he will instantly stop in place just like pausing a running movie.

this is just a minor issue compared to the real case... some people cross at junctions, U turns and bridge exits... i almos hit a pedestrian a year ago was crossing a 5 lane bridge and up to this day i can't figure out what he was doing on top of a bridge and why the hell he wanted to cross it. Add to that the nasty habit of not using side walks... it is very familiar to see pedestrians actually walking on the tarmac on both sides and the side walk is empty like the sahara desert... i think this comes on the top of the "stupid things to do" list

i have seen pedestrians crossing a 4 lanes 90KPH highway at night... don't try to ask why as i didn't figure this one out but it happens.... so does deadly accedents but people never learn and they insist on doing it over and over again, i kinda realized that the Egyptian people got this idea... can't find an equavelet english term for it as apparently it is a pure egyptian invention... actually it is not an authentic arabic word... it is pure egyptian

this idea is to seek each and every rule out their and try to go arround it just for the kicks of it... this is becoming a daily life style and apparently this is why this country is going down the drain... no one is following the rules and every body is fixated on evading them rather than doing something constructive.

an exaple of that was funding LPG conversion for taxi cars here were a taxi owner can get LPG conversion and pay in installments deducted when they refill their tanks using special elecronic card just like a standard issue credit card and since their were owners that did the conversion and paid in cash, their were to kinds of cards.. one for cash conversions were the guy pays for the gas amount only and the other type is for installments were you pay double the gas cost and the extra money pays for the loan amount... a good idea till egyptian minds came into play

those cards had the licince paltes written on them so no one can use other guy's cards and avoid paying the loan... taxi drivers began to swap licince plates - and cards - before going into gas stations to pay half the price... smart huh? an even smarter gy at the bank instructed gas stations to compare card numbers to the numbers printed on the taxi doors rather than the actual licince plates as it is required by law here that a taxi has to print its licince paltes number on all 4 doors... up till now their were no reports of swapping doors

so you see... people here tend to evade the system and break the rules regardless to anything else... the guy i hit was working at the international fairground and their is a tunnel for pedesrians at this spot that is mainly serving the fairground... the guy didn't feel like walking an extra 50 meters to the tunnel and thought it is a good idea to cross from wherever he decided just to get killed... a persons life is not as important as 50 meters, a guys family is not as important as walking few more meters, breaking the safty rules always pay off, waiting till the road is clear of cars and cross when their is subistantially low traffic if any at all is not an issue... i guess now all parties involved in that accedent know that all that is wrong.

i hope people here wise up and see that safty is not an issue that tolerates compromises... and car drivers are just humans, they are not Gods or superment that can bent the laws of physics at will, i hope they learn it the easy way and not the hard way as the dead guy's family did.

MMamdouh
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

very well put MM

yoshida

Post by yoshida »

MMamdouh wrote: i have seen pedestrians crossing a 4 lanes 90KPH highway at night... don't try to ask why as i didn't figure this one out but it happens.... so does deadly accedents but people never learn and they insist on doing it over and over again, i kinda realized that the Egyptian people got this idea... can't find an equavelet english term for it as apparently it is a pure egyptian invention... actually it is not an authentic arabic word... it is pure egyptian

this idea is to seek each and every rule out their and try to go arround it just for the kicks of it... this is becoming a daily life style and apparently this is why this country is going down the drain... no one is following the rules and every body is fixated on evading them rather than doing something constructive.
It's called anarchism, being deviant just for the sake of being deviant. It's a shame mister sh!t-for-brains missed out on the 2007 Darwin awards. This is natural selection at work here. Some people shouldn't be protected from their own stupidity.

The downside of freedom is being held responsible for the results of your actions. This guy just paid the maximum penalty.
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it mate. Shit happens. Just think of it as one silly prick less for some other unfortunate motorist to go through the same ordeal!

I've just spent 5 weeks in Australia and over there its law for pedestrians to cross only when the green man flashes, even when there's no traffic at all.
I didn't follow that rule and crossed when it was safe to do so regardless of the flashing green man. If I had got hit then I only had myself to blame. But there again I have the brains to not cross the path of a moving vehicle!!! A speeding metal object v's a stationary mushy body - no contest! Hope there's not too much damage to the Woo!
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

godspeed mm
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

any updates??
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

finally an update

after long series of postponements, the court has decided that i have to pay a fine of 200LE ( 36USD)... so i am not going to jail... thank God.

i am going to appeal as being fined will give way to the deceased relative to file a damage claim and i want to close that door

MMamdouh
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Wow, that took a long time, congratulations on avoiding jail for something that wasn't your fault.

Good luck with the appeal.
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

wow thats crazy but good luck on the appeal