fuel door release lever/plastic... nubira

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

NubiraDellwoo

fuel door release lever/plastic... nubira

Post by NubiraDellwoo »

The plastic part on my fuel door release lever broke off some time back... lost that as well.

and so forward to today...

I purchased one off ebay.. the seller listed it as a correct fit for a 2001 Nubira
and they listed the part as # 96283072

I called my usual parts order supplier... and he also stated that number as the correct part #

But what I got... doesn't look to be an correct part or fitment or I'm missing something. :?
I have no part # from the bag it came in... as I was hasty and tossed that away, not thinking :oops:
I complained to the seller that the part doesn't fit... but he sent me another picture of another part with the same claimed part number...
and it looked exactly like the one he sold me. and so... I'm confused...
as I'd have to think my current release lever is oem to my 2001 nubira...

My question is... does this look to be the correct part ? (if yes)... then what am I missing in regards to figuring out how to attach it ?
I haven't been able to find much covering this in the fsm... or I'm missing that ?

(if no) then I guess I'll likely just eat the loss... and order one up thru a reputable business.
^ hardly worth messing with, considering a $ 2.00 part + the $ 5. shipping charge...

Here are some pictures of that part I received...

and my lever that it is supposed to mount to... (and of which I see no possibility of ^ that part fitting)

* I realize I have no real problems releasing the fuel door with the lever "as is"...
just was trying to keep things in order... and came across the ebay add thinking "why not" ?
oh well :oops:
'01 Nubira SE 2.0
jidasas
Expert

Re: fuel door release lever/plastic... nubira

Post by jidasas »

see the square hole on the bottom of the lever...that should line up with the metal piece where the square part is punched downward...slide the new lever on till that metal part locks into the hole on the plastic lever.

hoep that helps
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it looks like the right part indeed

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
NubiraDellwoo

Post by NubiraDellwoo »

just not happening...

if I try to mount it to that square tab... the plastic handle is offset to the drivers side way too far and will not align properly or even within the plastic surround.
Not to mention... the metal offset lever tab is too thick for the slot at the lower portion of this plastic lever insert.
In other words... it is an impossibility.

this simply cannot be the correct part for my application. :?

does any one have a '01 Nubira (or near that year) ?
I really need a picture showing details regarding the lever tab they have.

would sincerely appreciate the help.
'01 Nubira SE 2.0
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

You probably got the lever suitable for single command (only fuel lid). The fuel lever for dual commands (fuel & trunk) seems shorter.
Look here too

P1040224 (600 x 450).jpg
NubiraDellwoo

Post by NubiraDellwoo »

thanks Daniel... that's it... I have a dual action lever set...

Hmmm... some Nubira's were built with no trunk release and only the fuel filler release ? guess I didn't realize that could be :oops:
or...
are these single command fuel levers specific to a particular model ? wagon only ?

anyone know/have access to the correct part # for the '01 Nubira SE dual command, fuel lever plastic replacement ?

thanks a bunch.
'01 Nubira SE 2.0
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Single command for fuel lid seems to belong to Nubira wagon indeed.
I've this from a Leganza parts number manual but maybe it could suit your Nubira too! Or ask dealer?
knob Leganza.JPG
Hope it helps,