Clutch Pressure Plate Assembly Instruction 1998 1.5i

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

babak

Clutch Pressure Plate Assembly Instruction 1998 1.5i

Post by babak »

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a Daewoo Lanos and am changing the clutch as it all of the sudden decided to stop working.

One day it did not work and did not go into any gears when the car is on.

I changed the master and slave cylinders and did not help, so took the gearbox out and couldnt find anything broken, clutch had still meat on it but lots of black oily powder was in the gear box and the trust bearing surface was rounded ina nd was not flat and thats all.

Bought a new clutch kit, took the old clutch out and forgot to mark the pressure plate and how it is placed as far as the pins go.

Installed the new clutch plate and the pressure plate and as I tightened all the screws up the bloody spring fingers on the pressure plate all flattened themselves and went in so while the box was intalled back they had no contact whatsoever with the trust bearing.

Now I downloaded 3 different versions of the workshop manual and they all crap, neither covers the manual transaxle assembly instruction, paid $10 for one and it just shows the parts and part numbers, downloaded the 40MB one and it has everything but the manual transaxle and the links in the pdf dont work.

Downloaded a 30MB version which was identical to the 13MB one that I paid for except that it had more pages but all about parts and part numbers which was pretty much useless.

Anyone has pictures or info how to put the pressure plate back on in what direction as far as the pins concern?

When you tighten up the screws on the plate the springs should not flatten and should be standing out like when it was originally out of the box.

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Help please!

Thanks
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

sorry to hear about the trouble. I may just be a little groggy as I have just woken up but I don't know what you are referencing to about the 'pins'.

at any rate, the diaphragm will flatten out quite a lot once installed, it will look somewhat flat. only about .5" is needed fo diaphragm travel for the disc to release.
babak

Post by babak »

thanks

your response was actually very helpfull. so that spring effect fingers on the pressure plate will be flattened out once installed...

so now the question is once installed should you be able to move the bearing with hand by moving the arm on the gearbox or not? In another word, whould there be a big gap like 5 mm between the bearing and the pressure plate spring fingers, which would cause the bearing to move back and forward by hand which causes problems and wont release the clutch...
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

no that is not right, I think the issue goes down to needing to bleed the clutch system or pumping up the clutch peddle. once fully installed there should be no gap.
babak

Post by babak »

true but the slave cylinder pump is not actually bolted to the shaft on the gearbox. no matter if you bleed or not once you press the pedal oil will be pumped into the slave cylinder and causes the lever shaft on the gearbox to go forward and because that lever has a spring mechanism (ie, pressure plate fingers) so once the clutch pdeal is released the spring mechanism pushed the trust bearing backward to its standard position which causes the lever shaft to go back and push the slave cyllinder back and empty the oil back into the oil can.

now the bleeding works when that arm is not movable by hand and needs the hydraulic pressure power to move and once the car is off you should not be able to move it with hand.

mine is not like that, that arm lever on the gear box is movable by hand which means it has a big gap in between the pressure plate and the bearing which means that the bearing is looose and move around...it should be hard as rock and not movable by hand.

try on a lanos and try to push the clutch lever out with your hands...you just cant, tried it on two other lanos's and I couldnt. mine is pretty loose so once the slave cylinder empties and goes back in the lever stays the same on the gearbox, as the matter of fact the slace pump will only pump out and will not suck back in and squeez back inward....that would happen by the pressure plate pressing the bearing forward in normal state when the car is off or when the clutch is not pushed in....thats what causes the slave pump go back inwards but when you push the clutch it works otherway around....

very simple, but my question is that why mine is like that?

no adjustments as far as I can see and all neccessary parts have been changed with new one and still no luck...
babak

Post by babak »

problem solved...