flywheel

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

anyone knows whether a c16xe/x16xel flywheel can be use on an aveo or lanos 1.6 crankshaft?
The part number for lanos crank shaft is 96360171.

Or does anyone have the dimension of the flywheel of the c16xe or x16xe flywheel?
Or does anyone have the part number of c16xe/x16xel flywheel or crankshaft part number?

This c16xe and x16xel has exactly same bore and stroke as the lanos or aveo 1.6. So I was thinking they may have same crankshaft and flywheel.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

they should be identical, crank and flywheel that is. where are you trying to get the light flywheel from? I have (will have) light weight steel units from Fidanza available if you think it would be cheaper coming from the States instead of the UK or somewhere else.
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

Can anyone tell me whether my Chevrolet Aveo or Daewoo Kalos has a pot style flywheel or a flat style flywheel?
My mechanic opened it up, he is the only one who saw it before, but he refused to tell me.

I am buying a new flywheel (lighten one) but have a choice of flat or Pot style. Flat is 3.7KG, Pot is 4.7KG. The problem with flat style flywheel is it needs to use 7.25 inch clutch. Which I have difficulty finding for my size of 7.25inch X7/8 X 24 spline. My oem size is 8.5 inch X 7/8 X 24 spline.

I found Lanos Helix brand clutch 20.4 X 24 spline at oem size. Is lanos oem clutch 8.5 inch also?[/img]
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you have an 8.5" POT STYLE flywheel. this can be found in some of the Daewoo Lanos also.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

How do you tell looking at that? Is the pressure plate different?
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Pir0 wrote:How do you tell looking at that? Is the pressure plate different?

yes the pressure plate "cover" is different. if you look at the last pic you can see that the pressure plate sets about .79" further than the mounting surface. in the "flat" style the pressure plate sets nearly even with the mounting surface of the cover.

Garrett
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

:smt023. Cheers m8, thats another thing ive added to my 'Handy-to-know' list. :) Just have to try and remember that now lol
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

always glad to help!

Garrett
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

Oh no. I think I bought the wrong flywheel. I bought the flat style flywheel instead. Because I read from this forum somewhere that Aveo 1.6DOHC has a flat style flywheel.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

actually you will most likely be OK. MOST Lanos and I think all (not 100% sure) Aveo's came with the 8 inch flat flywheel, SOME, not many, came with the 8.5 inch "pot" style.

I have done a tone of research in getting out clutch kits built and I can't find a reference to where they used the different styles.

Garrett
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

The flywheel fit my lanos 1.6 liter crank shaft exactly. Now still looking for 7.25 inch clutch kit.

The christ asley has got poor customer service. They never reply my emails or messages. I want to exchange the 7.25 inch flyweheel to the 8.5 inch clutch flywheel. I am willing to pay for postage, but he refused to reply any of my messages. Now I am stuck. Hope I can find a 7.25 inch clutch kit soon.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

Finally settled my flywheel upgrade.
Used a 4 Kg Opel flywheel with Lanos Clutch Pad and Opel Clutch Cover. Total weight of new flywheel +clutch kit include bolts is 7 Kg.

Original flywheel potstyle (left). Flywheel alone weights heavier than my new flywheel + clutch cover + clutch pad + bolts (right).

Original Clutch cover and clutch pad on left. Oem flywhell in center. New flywheel and clutch on right.

Both sets side by side.

New flywheel and old flywheel stacked up. Same diameter and same number of teeth. So no problem with starter motor.

Aveo 1.7M DOHC