Nubaroo F23 gearbox fitted

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nubaroo
Expert

Nubaroo F23 gearbox fitted

Post by Nubaroo »

OK so I battled since Wednesday with the upgrade....minor stuff but it had me running around for bits and bobs, I manufactured a gearbox mount, fitted the cable shifter thingy. drive shafts from the daewoo fitted straight without any mods. Had to get a F23 6 button solid clutch plate made up, had the flywheel skimmed, luckily the Daewoo is already hydraulic clutch so very minor mods needed to get it all to work :D :D :D :D

Beginning fitting

Side view

Fitted and working :D :D :D :D

Just need to figure how to get the speedo working....aparantly I can do so from the ABS sensors

Cable shifts feels excellent :D :D :D :D

Still need to fit front gearbox mount - Steve from JMS will assist there :D :D :D :D
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
Nubaroo
Expert

Re: Nubaroo F23 gearbox fitted

Post by Nubaroo »

Made up and fitted the back gearbox mount today - now I can drive the car on low boost. Tested the gearshifts on the 7000rpm limiter - EXCELLENT and oh so smoooooth :D :D :D Now to build the front gearbox mount and then start abusing the F23 to see if it has what it takes.... :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: Once it has been thoroughly tested I will invest in a Quaiffe diff for it ( found the car wheelspinning in 2nd gear today without the LSD, so an LSD is a must!!!)

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Thats great news man, the gearbox looks quite similar to the F28 from the outside. Hopefully it is good and strong.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Yes I believe it is as strong as an F28 - some of the guys that have opened the F23 boxes to fit Quaiffe LSD`s have said that the internal gears are similar in thickness as the F28 :D

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

OK so I manufactured and fitted the front gearbox mounting - man it is REALLY strong and should work like a dream!!!

Now I can turn up the boost again :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

hey hannes,

what is that engine? you used to have the t20sed right? is that an ecotec?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Hi Bud.

I am not sure what the engine code on the daewoo is - I have always used the same engine. I just picked up an Opel Ecotec tappet cover for my engine ;) ;)

Kind regards

Hannes

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

yeah? lol AWESOME :D

i didn't think you ever said you changed the engine

that is such a wicked amount of power and torque coming out of that engine :D
congrats
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Thanks bud - will keep u guys updated after the 200m races this Sunday, and the 400m races next Sunday!!

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

OK quick update - I managed to break the F23 gearbox.....not because of the power but because I was snapshifting to 2nd lik a D@@S!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

So I battled to get my hands on another f23 - -Supieman tried to help me as he usually does, but there are a few variations of the F23 gearbox on the market and the ones he has is not compatible with my setup :( :( :( Thanks anyway Jaco :D :D

Managed to get an F23 from Steven from JMS - busy fitting it and should have the daewoo on the roead by tomorrow afternoon!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

whoa haha.... at least you seem to get it repaired and back on the road pretty quick :)
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

exist3nce wrote:whoa haha.... at least you seem to get it repaired and back on the road pretty quick :)
That is the advantage of building the car myself - not relying on tuners for their time :D :D :D

Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Cool so I fitted the F23 box - nice and smoooooth with everything working so nice. The final drive ratio is better suited for my car - previous F23 was 3.63 and the new one now is 3.95. This makes for less turbo lag when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear :D :D :D Also have the T61 turbo combination back on the car so no more compressor surge :D :D :D car feels like my old Daewoo again :D :D :D

mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Do you have larger/better pictures of a shifting mesh? I was wondering if I could convert F28 to a cable shifters...
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

mr_g wrote:Do you have larger/better pictures of a shifting mesh? I was wondering if I could convert F28 to a cable shifters...
Hi there - -my tuner already looked at this mod but the selecting mechanism is COMPLETELY different design and he does not think that this would be possible. I can post pics - just tell me what you want to see?? :D