Need lanos 2.0 swap info

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Abs isnt controlled through the ECU either. It has a seperate control module

And yeah everything you have will work, jsut need to wire some stuff up yourself to the back of the dash.

Any engine lights on the dash, like rev counter, speedo, engine management, oil pressure, oil temperature, oil warning, water temperature, all stuff like that, will have to be wired into the back of the lanos dash from the 2.0 engine harness.

It's honestly not that hard this bit, easiest way to do it is to take the dash cluster out, take all the bulbs out for the warning lights, hold it up to a light source and get what each bulb hole's for, then trace the copper strips on the back of the dash to the plug, and find what wire connects via the plug from there, then snip, and join them to the 2.0 wires, which you trace fromt he source. Example being, coolant temp from the thermostat [at least it is on my engine], oil pressure from back of the block, rev counter from coil etc.
SAZ
---------------------
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Pir0 wrote:Abs isnt controlled through the ECU either. It has a seperate control module

And yeah everything you have will work, jsut need to wire some stuff up yourself to the back of the dash.

Any engine lights on the dash, like rev counter, speedo, engine management, oil pressure, oil temperature, oil warning, water temperature, all stuff like that, will have to be wired into the back of the lanos dash from the 2.0 engine harness.

It's honestly not that hard this bit, easiest way to do it is to take the dash cluster out, take all the bulbs out for the warning lights, hold it up to a light source and get what each bulb hole's for, then trace the copper strips on the back of the dash to the plug, and find what wire connects via the plug from there, then snip, and join them to the 2.0 wires, which you trace fromt he source. Example being, coolant temp from the thermostat [at least it is on my engine], oil pressure from back of the block, rev counter from coil etc.
What's that sensor on the top of the brake fluid resvoir for then?

Alright awesome. Thank you
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I think it's as simple as a low brake fluid warning light.

I'm not 100% sure as i've never came across it on a dash. Once the brake fluid reaches the minimum point it comes on i think.

And np, i had to figure all this out with my new nexia so, i'm more than happy to help.
SAZ
---------------------
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Think I can pass emissions with a CAI, factory headers, factory first (secondary) CAT, magnaflow hi-flow CAT, magnaflow resonator, magnaflow muffler, and all 2.5" piping?

I'll be replacing the factory headers/CAT with my kinky headers right after emissions of course 8) The CAT will be on v-bangs so I can remove it in a couple mins for the track. I wanted to have a resonator b/c I have a similar setup on my lacetti and it's a bit loud but not bad with the exception of road trips. The difference though is my lacetti is without a resonator and tapers to 2.25” after the CAT so I’d suspect 2.5” to be even louder. Having a resonator versus a CAT (my track setup) probably flows much better anyways.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

any pics yet?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Is the D20 supposed to just drop in using the same mount as the D16? My D20 doesn't have threads where you're supposed to put the motor mount for a lanos

gse_turbo wrote:any pics yet?
Yeah I'll post soon since there is progress now
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you may have to get on migweb and post a question about an F20 into a MK2 Astra and see what mount bracket is needed

Garrett
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

Pir0 wrote:I think it's as simple as a low brake fluid warning light.

I'm not 100% sure as i've never came across it on a dash. Once the brake fluid reaches the minimum point it comes on i think.

And np, i had to figure all this out with my new nexia so, i'm more than happy to help.
i know it going back a bit, but it is a low brake level, it the same light on the dash as the handbrake warning, so if it stay on when you have got the handbrake down it doen't mean the hand brake switch is F**ked (not saying it could be)
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

gse_turbo wrote:you may have to get on migweb and post a question about an F20 into a MK2 Astra and see what mount bracket is needed

Garrett
Thanks, just did. About time I got back on those forums too. I'm suprised I couldn't find it in a search though.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

do you have pics of the D20 and D16 tranny you can post? those would be good to see.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

gse_turbo wrote:do you have pics of the D20 and D16 tranny you can post? those would be good to see.
D20:

Where the lanos mount is supposed to mount:

Where the D20 forenza mount mounts:

D16

Sorry for the large horrible quality pics.

More pics of the car:
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 138#100138
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

looks like they did the trick quality aside ;)

...so the provisions are there, good to know, now just to get them tapped straight! :roll:

Garrett
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

gse_turbo wrote: ...so the provisions are there, good to know, now just to get them tapped straight! :roll:

Garrett
Strange thing is I'm almost positive my old 04 forenzas D20 had them tapped. I think this D20 was from an 06 forenza/reno
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport