My '02 Lanos SE

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

My '02 Lanos SE

Post by Rodd1s »

Hello everyone!

My name's Rudi... or Ruud/Rude (however you want to spell it) as most call me. I am 17, only passed my driving test just over a month ago, but that does not mean I am new to driving. I've been able to drive since I was only 10 and I've driven over 20 different cars ranging from little 900cc Suzuki's to 3.0i V6 Nissan's, and a 4.2 V8 Merc once.

Enough of that, for my first car I have a Lanos, here's the spec (so far):

- it's completely stock. Except for the sound system.

Ok, not much to it, I only got it a week ago, and it's practically brand new. With only 9000 miles on the clock. I'm having a JVC sound system fitted and should be ready within the next 3 days.

As far as I know it's a 2002 Daewoo Lanos SE 1.4 3-door Hatch

For my first few mods, I have no idea what I'll be doing, it depends on my cash situation. The mods won't be too big in the first year though.

And so far I only have one picture of it, from when it was still at the dealer before I bought it.

I will upload more pictures once I have it on my driveway.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

hey man welcome aboard, nice car I like the wheels they look sharp 8)
T18SED Engine.

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

nice car man... and welcome to the forum.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
proudy

Post by proudy »

Hey nice car man.

Love the wheels they look nice and silver is always a nice colour

Dave
Pending Signature
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

When i first saw the car, the thing that caught my eye was the alloys, and then when i got a bit closer I saw that they are actually stock rims ( Go Daewoo!! )
I think they are the ones similar to what you get on the Lanos SX / Sport, But here I have them on my SE.

I've got my first mod (howeve the car is still in the shop) but I've got interior LED lights which I will be putting down by the footwells and pedals. I've also got one pair of directional LED lights with a switch which I will be putting in the engine bay. Should look pretty good at nite.

I'll get more pictures as soon as the car is in my possession.

laters.
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Hi Rudi!

I also have a 3 door Lanos, and I'm in the UK too :)
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Ok, I have had my car for 2 days now... and I've done just over 200 miles already.

but the best thing my car has done so far is, at one in the morning... bout 20 minutes ago, I completely pissed all over a 1.6 Ford Focus Black (special edition).

it was a straight line, starting at around 35 mph, by the time i had hit 80mph he had fallen about 200 feet behind me! and there was 3 of us in my car! lol

I don't get it. Daewoos run on god knows what, cos it only has 75 bhp as stock, and the focus has 98 bhp on stock, and i assume it was stock and there was only person in it. there was no way that that focus could have caught me, as i had to turn off into my frends road to drop him off at home. lol but, NO! a 1.6 focus cannot beat a 1.4 lanos. end of story!

i need sleep now.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Yeah.. my daewoo has many of stories about pulling next to someone, looking, and either beating, or sticking with cars that it really doesn't make sense to beat... Like the tricked out honda civic i saw last weekend.... dual catback exhaust that looked cool and sounded even better and some other very expensive mods i had 3 people in the car (including myself) and i still stuck with him in a completely stock nubira... and i even beat his Integra buddy who was riding next to him...

It's cool when you get a car that no one expects anything from, and every time you drive you prove them all wrong... I used to mind people saying things about daewoo's, but now i let them... because i know just because it doesn't say honda or nissan or some other reputable name, it doesn't mean it'll finish last...

I'm glad you love your woo =)
a woo that is a work in progress
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Aneab wrote:It's cool when you get a car that no one expects anything from, and every time you drive you prove them all wrong... I used to mind people saying things about daewoo's, but now i let them... because i know just because it doesn't say honda or nissan or some other reputable name, it doesn't mean it'll finish last...

I'm glad you love your woo =)
We should have an "interesting stories/kills" thread 8) I suggest going turbo and freek out people in much higher priced cars 8)

Its been said before but Daewoos are SO underrated!

Im also glad you love your Woo :p

--Tim
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well I'm glad that you're all glad that I love my 'woo. and to add to that... I got my air filter through the post about 20 minutes ago. Good bye air box! lol
pictures will be posted tonite.

I want to go turbo, also with the TD04 scooby turbo. but at the moment it's the insurance that's topping me from doing it. after the first, or maybe second year I will deffinitely go turbo.

well for now I'm off to fit my custom air intake! :)

Edit: forgot to add, I think the "Interesting Stories" will be a good idea.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

If you havn't seen it yet, here's a pic of my custom air intake:

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

i found out something very scary about my Lanos whilst driving in the rain earilier today. I cannot floor it when in 1st or 2nd gear, cos all that happens is the front end starts drifting around as the wheels spin out of control. even in the dry evry time i shift into 2nd under full throttle it spins and squeeks like mad!

I'll have to be more carefull in the rain from now on.
proudy

Post by proudy »

that doesnt sound good. Maybe you should look at getting some better tyres or something. I resised that when i got new tyres when i had my hyundai. they were cheap nasty ones and it did the exact same thing as you. But on my woo I have got nicer tyres and it makes a hell of a lot of difference when taking off in the wet.
Pending Signature
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

well... i spin 4th gear in the rain. lol
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

I have looked at my tyres and... well, the name on them does not at al lring a bell. The tyres on the car have never been changed and are still the ones that came out of the factory.
I have noticed a lot of traction loss in them even in dry when me and a frend of mine had a mini drag race, all mine did was spin the first 5 seconds, by which time he had gotten traction down in his golf, but because mine was kind of friction pulling i still won.
due to the loss of traction, the front tyres are worn about twice as much as the rear ones. when they get too low i mite swap them over and get the money's worth, because the rear tyres seem practically new.