DOOFWOO'S Lanos *** NOW FOR SALE ** ... minus the subs.

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DOOFWOO

DOOFWOO'S Lanos *** NOW FOR SALE ** ... minus the subs.

Post by DOOFWOO »

Let me know what you think please ..... all imput is good imput [http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/807841][/url]
Last edited by DOOFWOO on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

DOOFWOO

DOOFWOO'S Lanos

Post by DOOFWOO »

Thanks for fixing the link .... i couldn't work it out ... Im a bit code stupid ..
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Looks great, try to get some close up pics. :P

So whats next on the woo?
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

hmm I've seen that bumper somewhere else before... ;) hehe

nice car.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DOOFWOO

DOOFWOO'S Lanos

Post by DOOFWOO »

I have got a big list of things that i want to do with it but the funds are tight... Very next thing on the list is the mesh inserts in the front bar and relocating the air intake just behind the left lower quater opening, so that it isn't sucking hot air from the engine bay !!! HEAT SOAK WRECKS ANY CHANCE OF PERFORMANCE... !!!! MMMMmmmm Cold air ...

My insurance company just informed me that they will not insure me because of the bonnet gauge :evil: SO i have to relocate that or my insurance will be cancelled.

I am thinking about changing the interior colour and smoothing the texture out of the door trims ... Alot of work for little gain ... but the little things count.

I will get new pics this weekend .... close ups and all ... with a better camera!

I MIGHT EVEN WASH AND VACUUM IT OUT FIRST :P

thanks for the comments .... If it wasn't for people commenting on my car i wouldn't keep going..

Clint
DooFa's Owner
flat6

Re: DOOFWOO'S Lanos

Post by flat6 »

DOOFWOO wrote: Very next thing on the list is the mesh inserts in the front bar and relocating the air intake just behind the left lower quater opening, so that it isn't sucking hot air from the engine bay !!! HEAT SOAK WRECKS ANY CHANCE OF PERFORMANCE... !!!! MMMMmmmm Cold air ...
Shielding The pod filter from heat is very simple, and cost effective, I just used some thich sheet aluminium i had laying around from a previous construction project

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2542
DOOFWOO wrote: My insurance company just informed me that they will not insure me because of the bonnet gauge :evil: SO i have to relocate that or my insurance will be cancelled.
Are you with AAMI? they are an absolute pain in the ass

If you wish to keep modding your car with out the hassle of them breathing down your neck, check out shannons or just car insurance.
DOOFWOO

DOOFWOO'S Lanos

Post by DOOFWOO »

Yep you picked it... AAMI .... all because of the 5mm hole that i drilled in the bonnet to mount the guage. It isn't even the fact that i have a gauge on there ... its the hole in the bonnet to mount it .... BECAUSE , QUOTE " We ( AAMI ) cant just go out and buy a replacement bonnet with a hole in it .... We ( AAMI ) would have to modify the bonnet to remount it in the event of an accident.....

WHAT A COP OUT ... :evil:

As for the shielding ... when i bought the pod filter it came with a stainless steel heat shield that mounts pretty much in the same way that the one in your pics does....but alas ... i think it can do better ... even if for only a small gain ... but on cold nights or mornings the car runs smoother and has alot more " GO " than on warm days when under my bonnet has hit 80 degrees in that corner

I will be relocating the pod and the gauge this weekend and will post new pics with a better camera ...

Thanks ppl :wink:
DOOFWOO

DOOFWOO'S Lanos

Post by DOOFWOO »

OK ... i just got a few more pics online .... still with the same camera and because of the weather this weekend i still haven't been able to do the mods i wanted to get done :cry:

Good things come to those who wait.

eventually i will be moving the gauge, relocating the pod filter and repainting the interior.

Clint
DOOFWOO

DOOFWOO is Now For Sale

Post by DOOFWOO »

ok guys, the time has come, its time to go DoofWoo,

The whole lots is for sale now ... $5000 or a real offer will be accepted.
the sale includes the head unit and pioneer fronts but the subs and amp are staying with me and my next project.

its now got 335,000 k's on it. still goes and runs like a weapon, the intake has been moved behind the front bar

Car is for sale unregistered although it has rego for another 6mths. No Oil Leaks, Blows no smoke.

Please guys make offers, i need to sell it to do up my project.

The CBR on the last page of my Cardomain link is also for sale to help fund my project, so offer on it aswell ..

Clint