rodd1s' ex-turbo Lanos [1349 sleeper in the making]

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

How bout mountains of fibreglass painted in day-glo orange with lots of neons :lol:
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

jorge wrote:You never try getting beyma loudspeakers? I have only two 5 1/4 in the front doors and sound like 4 6x9 speakers
Here a video of the car with the speakers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiYQFeGh6Ao
My twins... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46uEaYejqw8
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

benzino wrote:How bout mountains of fibreglass painted in day-glo orange with lots of neons :lol:
that could be done... got some fibreglass laying round somewhere... not sure bout the orange and neons though.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

got some carpet for the parcel shelf today. so thats gonna be covered later on when i can be bothered to take it out.

other than that, ive just ordered an OMP strutbrace (from: www.StrutBracer.co.uk)... hopefully should be here by next week.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Front or back?

Apparently the rear ones that braces to two shock tops together are the biggest load of shite in the world.
SAZ
---------------------
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0 wrote:Front or back?

Apparently the rear ones that braces to two shock tops together are the biggest load of shite in the world.
front upper strut brace.

rear ones would have to be custom made, but i dnt think theres enough weight over the rear to make it flex as much as the engine compartment around corners - so pretty much useless i think.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i have to disagree. i made one and the rear of my lanos feals a bit more stable. but this is a HEAVLY debated topic on www.astra-mk2.com so we wont get into it on here too.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Lanos has front chassy reenforcer under the dash... At least, mine has...
So, in my opinion you need front lower strut bar, and maybe rear upper strut bar... And that's it...
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

mr_g wrote:Lanos has front chassy reenforcer under the dash... At least, mine has...
So, in my opinion you need front lower strut bar, and maybe rear upper strut bar... And that's it...
yeah, i think all lanoses have that, but its behind the firewall and no where near the engine bay really. thats more passenger compartment reinforcement i think, rather than an aid for chassis rigidity.

either way, ive bought it now. so, too late. lol
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

daewoomofo wrote:i have to disagree. i made one and the rear of my lanos feals a bit more stable. but this is a HEAVLY debated topic on www.astra-mk2.com so we wont get into it on here too.
im not saying it wont make a difference at all, cos i know it will, ive felt how well rear strut braces work. its just not something i'm too fussed about to be honest.
but yeah, lets not get into details. lol
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Wouldnt you need to brace the strut tops at the back though? Not the shock tops? You want to reduce chassis flex and the shocks can flex a bit without the chassis flexing.

And i have to disagree Mr.G. No matter how much reinforcement the lanos has BEHIND the firewall, there'll still be some flex over the pivotal points of the car at the front, so a front upper strut would do you some justice. Aswell as a lower one. Seeing as they brace different parts of the car.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

mr_g wrote:Lanos has front chassy reenforcer under the dash... At least, mine has...
well i noticed a BIG help when i installed my front upper. the reienforcement bar you are talking about is a safty reinforcement bar, every car on the road today has that. its too far away from the struts to do any reinforcemt to them.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

I have tried them all... Under the dash actually is big reinforcement to the chassy.
Lanos also has front bumper as a reinforcements of chassy front ends. Lower strut bar is a must! Without it, I cannot start straight on the straight line (to much engine torque)... Upper strut is an extra weight on the car not really needed... Maybe if it is connected to firewall it would make some difference, but straight strut between top points of shock absorbers isn't doing anything...
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

mr_g wrote:but straight strut between top points of shock absorbers isn't doing anything...
Front upper's arent between the shock absorbers. they're between the strut tops. And bolt to the strut tops. Which are part of the chassis. Which willllll reduce chassis flex at the front.
SAZ
---------------------
mr_g
Expert

Post by mr_g »

Like this one?