Here's a custom Aveo/Kalos to consider *Lots of Pics*

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

Okay... just so no one thinks I'm magic or anything, I've been working on this total project since April of 2006, just started showing everyone here, so I got some catching upto do.

And with that...I thought I would share my headlight project (Projectors)

Here's the factory Aveo/Kalos headlights in the US model. These are kinda dirty/fogged cause they came from the junkyard, but otherwise they are still kinda boring.

While working at Sport Compact Only I saw these headlights in our clearance pile, so I got a set...

Then, in true Dr. Frankenstien fashion I cut up both sets of headlights...

Then a few test fitments ...

And this is a PREVIEW of what he finals will look like (haven't done final assembly)
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

now, they fit in the aveo like that?
ImageImage
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

Yup. that's why I used the front lense and brackets from the Aveo headlights so that it will keep all factory mount points. And just happens the aftermarket headlights had a wire harness to split my factory 9007/H4 bulb into a, H1 and H3 for Hi and Lo beams. Plus it has 2 extra side lights I'm using for a turn signal and maybe an integrated fog light?

I also have Blacklight (UV) cold cathode angel eyes to go over the main 2 circles.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

what you gonne do with the spaces in the lights? fibble glass?
Last edited by mocpac on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Are those angel eyes in there too? These headlights will look really nice with some HIDs installed. :)
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

The angel eyes are not in them in the pics, I got them a few days later. I thought about HID, but I've already invested quite a bit of $$ in getting 2 pairs of headlights (a spair set of Aveo and aftermarket donors). An HID is just too expensive to be worthwile. For now...

Yes mocpac I will be plastic welding the 2 chrome trims together and the front and rear housings. There may be a bit of fiberglass work, or do some nice epoxy sculpting.
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

whiteraven wrote:Image
That is ghetto fabulous! :lol:

Final product looks great though!

--Tim
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hey what kind of fiberglass is this? it seems like its tape then you resined it. i'm about to start reconstruction of my front bumper and that would help a lot. thanks

btw awesome progress on you woo.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
whiteraven
Junior

Post by whiteraven »

It is a fiberglass tape, with its own slightly sticky adhesive on the back. Works great for forming a base layer under the future fiberglass mat and resin. Incredibly its not in common use for fiberglassing because of the large open spaces between the glass threads. This works in your favor though when you apply several layers of dry tape down to get your form, then soak the resin in, because the several holes get intermixed with taping down the layers in different directions.

So you wanna know what this amazing fiberglass tape is??

Drywallers joint tape you find at the local hardware store!! And its cheap too!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

cool thanks man. i was calling around all day to find the tape and nowhere had it here but if they did i bet it would be three times as much than the drywall stuff. that stuff looks like you might even be able to build other things with it like fender flares and stuff. after you build a crude skeleton of course.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.