Red Aveo5

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

aveosam
Junior

Re: new wheels

Post by aveosam »

kinkyllama wrote:
aveosam wrote:alright to go with my turbo this summer I am going to get some lightweight wheels to let me extend my power. I am going to go with 5zigen PN01R-C's.....but the delma is what size to get...i was all for getting 16x7's (which weight 14lbs w/o tires) but then I saw this mincooper with 17x7's (which way 15lbs w/o tires)
and I am afraid since the rims look a size smaller then they really are because of the style that the 16x7 will look too small...any opinions? also if anyone has any pictures of that style rim in 16's on a hatch....let me know!!!!! :D
Are you going with all black? If so 17s wouldnt hurt. Black makes things look smaller than they are.
Yea I am going with all black and yea i know thats why my looks side of me really wants 17's but then the performance side wants 16's because they are lighter and i can get H&R lowering springs with 1.5" Front and 1.4"back drop, but with the 17's I can get Apex 1.4" Front and 1.2" back drop....can anyone tell me if the .1" front and .2" back drop difference is going to be anything significant in performance?
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

ohh nice it looks like new.

I need one like that.

anyways better keep looking.
T18SED Engine.

aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

rr__kroz123 wrote:ohh nice it looks like new.

I need one like that.

anyways better keep looking.
yea it is brand new never used at all...it still has plastic on the ends from when it was shipped
aveosam
Junior

Post by aveosam »

alright I have finally decided to sacrifice my personal preference of 17's for 16x7 PN01R-C's black in the name of performance....they are a lb and a half lighter and I can get H&R springs...not on that but overall cost of the wheel and spring combo will be alot cheaper than the 17" combo....now I am deciding what rubber size to go with....I am thinking either 215/40/16 or 205/45/16.....I am leaning more towards the 205/45/16 because I have seen a few civic hatch backs with these and they look good sizewise on the car. example:
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

205/45/16, they'd look really great on your aveo.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!